livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Prepared Society--A Web Bulletin Board for impending desaster

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Prepared Society--A Web Bulletin Board for impending desaster
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:04:32 -0600

It does bear reading, but I like your disclaimer - for personal and local. We
know the need for networking in our own areas, but I'd stress the longer term
need for more local self sufficiency in hard times economically. Disasters
are more glamorous - as they say in the newspaper business, if it bleeds it
leads - but the unglamorous preparations are more practical and urgent for
people everywhere. One part of it is encouraging and mentoring more market
growers for safe, healthy, local food production. That's something a lot of
us can do something about, without waiting for some natural or manmade
disaster. We're working with some local neighbors along this line.