livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Strange animal dig

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Strange animal dig
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 20:55:12 -0400

At 08:24 PM 9/27/2008, you wrote:
Trying to determine what made this. At first I thought a Badger, the initial
hole looks right. The claw marks in picture 3 look about right. But the
"ditch" is what is confusing. If it is a badger I need to take special
precautions due to our chicken.

I wonder whether the apparent ditch is actually a couple of abandoned initial attempts to dig the hole. Perhaps the soil didn't feel quite right so the badger started over again a few feet farther on? Just a guess, but it looks to me as though that might have been the case.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com