livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Skeptiod and GM foods

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Skeptiod and GM foods
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:25:19 -0400

At 01:43 PM 9/14/2008, you wrote:
I always wonder about the "moral and spiritual" motivations of people who use those same arguments to SAY they want to feed the world, but really what they want is to make the world buy THEIR food.

It has always seemed to me that this was a way to salve the conscience--"Yes, I know I'm a selfish greedy SOB, but after all, I'm trying to feed more people so that makes it okay." Or maybe it's just a way to sugar coat the truth so the rest of us won't see it :-( My opinion of that depends on how freaking angry I am on a given day. Sometimes the power grab is harder to forgive.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com