livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] would like to pick your brains

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: elderberryjam <g_evere@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] would like to pick your brains
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:15:20 -0700 (PDT)

There have been numerous posts here on biofuels, drilling for oil; some on
the NAIS; and a few on raw milk issues.
Fred Daily is the republican candidate for Ohio's 18th district for U.S.
Congress this year, running against democrat Zack Space. Daily is the former
(resigned) director of the Ohio Dept of Agriculture, and was director during
the raids on milkshares on Ohio farms. I live in the 6th district, so won't
have a vote on him; but I know people who do. He supports more drilling for
oil in the U.S., and offshore drilling. We have a deep well and have had
someone request to redrill it. He is for investing in alternative energy,
although skeptical about biofuels. He was a former advisor for the
Bush/Cheney administration. His website:
http://www.daileyforcongress.com/
He supports the Negev Foundation, which is an agribusiness link between Ohio
and Isreal. All I find by Googling it is raves and positive views. I get the
feeling there is more to it, knowing a little more about the inner politics
of Ohio, and about agribusiness in general. I am looking for more information
on the Negev Foundation, and the Ohio-Isreal agribusiness links, positive or
negative. I am not necessarily looking for dirt, but I do feel biased against
him due to the raw milk issue alone. There are some issues he stands for that
I approve of, and I am at this point merely looking for more information or
impressions, and not any political debate. Thanks.
Gwen