livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Conversations from the Field

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Conversations from the Field
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:59:57 -0500

Why get bigger?  That's a good question!  If you're growing annual vegetables for market, you can decide every year.  In my tree nursery, if I do nothing but care for the stock I have, by next year the operation will be twice as big.  So I, and lots of other ventures, have to guess what the right size is.   Suppose the crop fails this year?  Or, what if, because of the economy, people don't buy?  It's pretty intimidating.

I guess my point is that some people oversimplify and make it sound too easy.  Not everyone is supremely confident that the methods they are currently using are correct.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz