livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] GENETICALLY ENGINEERED SUGAR TO HIT STORES IN 2008

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] GENETICALLY ENGINEERED SUGAR TO HIT STORES IN 2008
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 22:33:57 -0600

>From all I've seen, no one has specific data on how the GMO seed affects the
>final refined product in any crop variety, and it's impossible to ascertain
>scientifically. The real problem is the science of genetics in still in its
>infancy and may take ages to be fully understood if ever. The corporations
>won't say this; their job is profit only. They have no way of guessing what
>unknown effects a particular modification may turn up. It's the law of
>unintended consequences. But some effects are starting to show up. Read this
>for starters. http://www.indsp.org/ISPreportSummary.php

I won't use any kind of herbicide or any other cide, and certainly not the
toxic organic sprays. No need for any of that crap.

See Gmo: Exposing the Hazards of Biotechnology to Ensure the Integrity of
Our Food Supply, by Dr. Mae-wan Ho
http://www.powells.com/biblio?PID=29592&cgi=product&isbn=1890612375

and The Institute of Science in society
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/index.php

paul, tradingpost@lobo.net

"The ignorance of mainstream America only makes it easier for the well
informed to rise above the masses and make some serious changes for the
better. "
-- Mike Adams