livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The Battle to Save the Polish Countryside

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The Battle to Save the Polish Countryside
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 00:21:41 -0400

At 01:00 PM 7/15/2008, you wrote:

ISIS Press Release 29/05/08
The Battle to Save the Polish Countryside
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/savePolishCountryside.php
Julian Rose exposes the scandal of EU's deliberate policy to get rid of family farms for the benefit of the corporations and gives a personal account of his battle with the GMO dragon that threatens to devastate rural Poland

This is deeply saddening. I had hoped that European farmers were too smart to be taken in by this. A friend spent last summer in an artists' colony in Macedonia, and came back with tales of how the smallholdings were farmed with horses and the hay cut with a scythe, and made into traditional haystacks, along with other things I associated with early farming practices. I guess I had the naive notion that much of the rural part of eastern Europe was like that. Guess I was wrong.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com