livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Re: High gas prices threaten to drai n small towns’ populations

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Re: High gas prices threaten to drai n small towns’ populations
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 18:59:29 -0400

I wonder how long it will be before land speculators start buying up the land occupied by these small towns and converting it to agri-business. I don't know whether that's feasible, just being naturally suspicious. Cramming more people into a smaller area is a recipe for unrest, crime and violence, and I can't help but think someone's going to profit from it. I'm starting to see a conspiracy behind every bush. Umm. That was not intended, sorry.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com