livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] we'll have to confront the farm-labor crisis

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Dean" <andeanfx@midrivers.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] we'll have to confront the farm-labor crisis
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 11:30:31 -0600

We bought some seeds from Baker this past year and I cannot help but contrast what he is doing as a 27 year old who has wanted to be a seedsman and work with heirloom seeds all his life with a close relative who is a bit older but has a truss plant that builds trusses from trees which took quite some time to grow and often the buildings they go on have the life expectancy of long term capital gains before they are torn down.  A bit of a difference in posterity.  Dean