livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] flea beetles

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Nigel Kirby" <naturespirit@clearwire.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] flea beetles
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 21:57:46 -0700

Thank you Laura and Terry for your suggestions. I also have a lot of self-seeding feverfew so I intend to try your suggestion Laura of companion planting and mulching with the foliage.  And I’m glad to hear about basil being a trap crop as I will now plant mine as far away as I can since I intend to be growing this for sale also! Most, but not all of the pest issues I’ve had have only lasted for one season so I’m hoping this will be a one season deal also. Of course, I’ve not planted in such quantities before either so my plants are not as scattered and mixed up as when I was only growing for myself. I’ve learned so much this year already.

Nige