livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Survivalits and roving hordes

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Survivalits and roving hordes
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 13:51:17 -0500

Thanks Paul,

The problem with the philosophy of survivalism is that you have to be able to live someplace isolated from known existence by the hordes. You can't be secure anywhere near other people unless those other people are also taken care of somehow.

As much as I like to use weapons, and to live on my wits, (having grown up on a frontier), I don't think any of us is secure as long as our neighbor isn't fed.
    That's the bottom line of what's wrong with the world: thinking that our God, our Technology, our Manifest Destiny, or our Weapons will allow us to 'save ourselves' when we aren't also working to save our neighbors and their planet, too.
We went to war in Iraq without asking the Iraqi farmers what they thought about the idea, and how they were going to farm while this 'war' was going on. Instead, we allowed Monsanto to 'help' them.

Dan C.

People may be going that route, but it's not realistic IMHO and not my way. I won't live in fear of "marauding hordes". We just try to do what we should have been doing all along anyway.

Energy fears looming, new survivalists prepare
Too late to save the planet, they say, so they focus on saving themselves
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24808083/

Sat., May. 24, 2008

  • Re: [Livingontheland] Survivalits and roving hordes, Dan Conine, 05/26/2008