livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food stamp recipients pinched by high food prices

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <mdnagel@verizon.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food stamp recipients pinched by high food prices
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 02:03:48 -0500 (CDT)

Yes, I think that the world needs to know about Haiti. It's an all to real
example of what we need to understand such that we don't do the same to our
soils. As I mentioned, it seems that this would be an ideal place for some
real crack soil builders to demonstrate their healing powers.

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>

At 04:03 AM 5/22/2008, you wrote:
>"What the article says about mothers giving their children whatever
>will fill them up, whether it's good for them or not, is truly scary.
>That's third-world thinking, the kind of thing that makes people eat
>mud cookies in Haiti."
>
>I'm not sure that one can classify it as "thinking" in as much as it
>is a necessity re the Haitians. The poor thinking/behavior occurred
>when they decimated their land.

I didn't intend to suggest that it was thinking that made people eat
mud cookies. It was the idea of giving one's children whatever would
fill them up that I was referring to. I hope that doesn't turn out to
be the same kind of necessity here as it is in Haiti.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com