livingontheland - [Livingontheland] hoops for fixed beds

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Dean" <andeanfx@midrivers.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] hoops for fixed beds
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:30:02 -0600

I need to put up some hoops for raised bed covers.  The beds are 4 feet wide and I would tend to make the hoops a full half circle requiring a touch over 6 feet of either screen or plastic to cover them and giving more headroom along the sides of the bed.  Many of the pictures I see they are using less of an arch which will cut down on the head room.  I am also planning on using PVC pipe, is 1/2 half inch strong enough or do I need to go to 3/4?  Thanks  in advance.  Dean

  • [Livingontheland] hoops for fixed beds, Dean, 05/13/2008