livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Aussie Hybrid Willow tree

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk@allspecies.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Aussie Hybrid Willow tree
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 06:04:40 -0500

Will they become invasive?

Marty
On Apr 23, 2008, at 10:38 PM, Liz wrote:

At 07:37 AM 4/23/2008, you wrote:
Hi folks. Anyone have any experience with these trees? Someone I
know is looking to plant them as windbreaks (in southeastern Washington).

I'd like to know about these too. I'm getting prices on taking out
some 75 to 100-foot pines that are upwind of the house. We've already
had several others come down during periods of high winds, and I
don't need one of these coming down on me in the middle of the night.
I was going to replace them with arbor vitae, because I really do
need a windbreak there. But these willows sound even better.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com