livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] grow a salad

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] grow a salad
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:14:00 -0600

Actually you're ahead of us in raising most of your food. We always sold
out at the markets last year and didn't leave enough for ourselves. As Barb
keeps reminding me! I had to promise to grow more snow peas for freezing,
more red onions, enough carrots to freeze, and delicata and lakota squash
for winter keepers. And since we still have two months to go before last
frost, the onions and carrots may get snow and several good freezes before
then. But they have to go in and come out early to make room for summer and
fall planting. Double cropping gives us a second "virtual" garden in the
same place.