livingontheland - [Livingontheland] grow a salad

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Peggy Rush <peg6012@yahoo.com>
  • To: Livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] grow a salad
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:18:34 -0700 (PDT)

You know a family can save alot of money in the spring and summer if they just grow the stuff for a salad.  That's how I got started.  Salad stuff can be grown in your flower beds along with the flowers.  It looks nice even in the pickiest of neighborhoods.    Now we live in the country and raise most of our food.  It would really be helpful if "Victory Gardens" would become popular again.