livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Beware enterprises requiring new jig saws

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norma Sutton" <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Beware enterprises requiring new jig saws
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 15:10:32 -0500

Thank you Paul,
This sounds similar to adobe.  With all the red clay we have here I may have to try it.
Norma

On 1/21/08, TradingPostPaul <tradingpost@riseup.net> wrote:

There's a lot of engineering work with soil cement mixes for structural
applications. One site
http://www.greenhomebuilding.com/poured_earth.htm . I've experimented with
10% Portland, 90% dirt for 4" sidewalk slab and upright 6" wide and 4" high
slab on the ground, and they looked unfazed by weather after several
months. I added enough water to the mix to allow mixing with a hoe in a
wheelbarrow and pouring into a mold. You could scratch it with a nail but
it doesn't crack or crumble. Next time I will definitely get a mixer tho.

Faith expects from God what is beyond all expectation. - Andrew Murray

visit our farm site at:http://www.freewebs.com/sweetspringfarm/

Check the latest farm photos at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sweetspringfarm

  • Re: [Livingontheland] Beware enterprises requiring new jig saws, Norma Sutton, 02/02/2008