livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Fava Beans as Chicken Feed

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <pbunch@cox.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Fava Beans as Chicken Feed
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:13:56 -0800

Thanks to all. I found some information from Cornell indicating that the
alkaloids in favas cause problems for chickens. I guess they are out for that
purpose. I'm currently looking at tarwi which is an Andean lupine. Good for
the climate here but I have no info on use as feed other than that is has
been used this way.

Phil Bunch
Medellin/Piedras Blancas