livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Biochar, is it really all that's it's cracked up to be?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Biochar, is it really all that's it's cracked up to be?
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:56:28 -0800 (PST)

It is marketing; not farming.  You are correct.  Another example is Holistic Range Management.   A South African went to Albu. NM and set up a marketing system.  It all began by a frenchman who wrote the book on it.  The last time I saw info on a workshop for it here in TX, $1000 per person for the weekend.

Ken

TradingPostPaul <tradingpost@riseup.net> wrote:

Ken, I've searched that SPIN farming thing and can't find anything about
the actual methods they're promoting. It looks like you have to order their
booklets to see their methods. Now I'm suspecting it's nothing more than
we've talked about here for months. Except I see no sign of the efficiency
of permanent beds and aisles to conserve amendments, mulch, and water. And
I can't find whether they give up constant tilling, in order to raise
organic matter levels.