livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Strong support system: farmer-to-farmer aid

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norma Sutton" <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Strong support system: farmer-to-farmer aid
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:30:25 -0500

Paul this was discussed in length in the shetland sheep circle.  I know there were several auction's set up for this family.  It was incredible.  btw, that farm was in a area that had no history of flooding.  They first thought they lost everything in the cheese aging bins, but due to the fact that they were sealed air tight they did eventually locate the bins and a company in Ca took those to keep until the family is back on their feet.  I've forgotten how many sheep have been promised to them when they are ready for them.  They lost sheep and personal property, but gained so much in relationships.  Also this year was the first year that the creamery was self supporting and both of the owners had quit their off farm jobs.
Norma