livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Bermuda grass

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norma Sutton" <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Bermuda grass
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:45:33 -0500

I've seen some of that hay and it is wonderful, but if we can grow coastal bermuda here I haven't heard about it.  Most of what I see as hay has been shipped in.  Most of the hay grown in this area is a fescue mix.  Ours is fescue, vetch and clover and of course weeds lol.  The weeds are what my goats pull out and eat first.  I rotated the goat and sheeps over a section of the hayfield the last two years and have seen fewer weeds and much thicker grasses.
Norma