livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Farmers in denial

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Jimma Byrd <jbyrd@centex.net>, rhf@airmail.net, Susan Horn <susanich@earthlink.net>, Brad Stufflebeam <brad@homesweetfarm.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Farmers in denial
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 08:46:09 -0800 (PST)

Farmers must get off government welfare and support themselves.  This will restore their self-esteem, dignity and pride.

Remember those three letter dirty words; farmers have added an 11 letter dirty word to the American vocabulary:   A G R I C U L T U R E

Nobody dreams or wants to be a farmer.  Ground Hog Job Shadow Day takes place nationwide in the schools every year.  Farming is not listed.  I am trying to change that.  I have contacted some farmers and ask them to please take part and spend a day with an 11th grader.  I hope you will do the same.

Ken Hargesheimer