livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] your turn is coming

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: walterj@nonais.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] your turn is coming
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 05:42:24 -0800 (PST)

Saturday, I received an envelope from the Texas Animal Health Commission to my mother's trust.  When my mother got sick we put the family farm in a trust [no animals].  The trust was disolved in 1997 upon her death.

It was a form to fill out from the NAIS.  I can't believe that America has come to this.  I changed the name on the return envelope to:  TX Animal Gestapo. I enclosed the following; nothing more.

Ken Hargesheimer
minifarms@gmail.com

National Animal Identification System (NAIS):  The way to stop Mad Cow disease is to stop feeding animal parts back to cows.  Cattle are herbivorous; not carnivorous.  It is stupid to do so but corporations do not care as long as they make a profit.  It is illegal but they do it anyway.  Enforce the law!  The way to stop the bird flu is to close all chicken factories and raise the chickens on farms.  Problem solved.  If a person treats their dog or cat the way chickens and pigs are treated, the person will go to jail.
1) USDA proposes surveillance of every property where even a single animal of any livestock species is kept; and to require, at a minimum, the radio-frequency tagging of every animal through NAIS.
2) NAIS proposes forced registration in a huge, permanent federal database of individual citizen's real property (the homes and farms where animals are kept) and personal property (the animals themselves).
3) NAIS proposes that an animal owner will have to report, within 24 hours, any missing animal, any missing tag, the sale of an animal, the death of an animal, the slaughter of an animal, the purchase of an animal, the movement of an animal off the farm or homestead, the movement of an animal onto the farm or homestead.
4) NAIS proposes that animal owners will have to pay the costs of registration and surveillance of their homes, farms, and livestock. ("[T]here will be costs to producers,"  "private funding will be required...Producers will identify their animals and provide necessary records to the databases... All groups will need to provide labor...",
5) VIOLATIONS:  Persons in violation of the regulations once they become mandatory will first be issued warnings to register their farm for the program.  Persons who do not register after receiving a warning will be in violation and subject to penalties as provided by the NAIS standards expected to be $1000 per day.
6) Currently (NAIS) is voluntary. The plan is slated to become mandatory by January 2008.
The TX Agriculture Gestapo is alive and well.
2 Aug 06  I am sure that the tag manufacturers are really pushing Congress to implement this law.  Just think how much profits they will make.  If I had animals I would go to jail before I would do it.  That is what it is going to take.
You're absolutely correct.  It's all quite open, too.  Take a look at the members of the NIAA, the trade organization that proposed the plan in the first place -- many of them are technology companies.  The technology companies even have representatives on the species working groups.  No business would have a vendor sitting in a decision-making capacity!  Yet that is exactly what our government has done with NAIS. www.naissucks.com;