livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Mom and dad could've done it

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Dean" <andeanfx@midrivers.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Mom and dad could've done it
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:37:03 -0700

We just had a BIG discussion on another forum about oil changes.  The bottom line for most was you have to be very careful that they do the work paid for and that they don't trump up a bunch of other repairs that don't need to be done.  I may get in trouble here but the most bad experiences came regarding Firestone store.  I have used Firestone very little but have been treated fairly.

As to changing my own oil.  By the time I buy the oil and filters in the quantity I use, get the stuff out, do the job and dispose of the oil it is not too bad a deal the have the basic job done.  Some of the best naps I have taken have been under a car doing less messy tasks.  I am sure it must be a guy thing but there is something about being next to the cool ground with a piece of machinery moderating the temperature form above.  This certainly does not mean I won't or can't do it if need be but Paul is likely thinking that my bigger problem may be getting the oil to change.  If you are, Paul, you may very well be correct.

Dean

Keeping Your Memories Alive while
Creating Family Keepsakes
www.scrapbooksupplydepot.com