livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] michael pollan article on sustainability

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Phil Bunch" <pbunch@cox.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] michael pollan article on sustainability
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 17:44:43 -0800

People can only become aware of something that penetrates their daily lives.
The inertia of day-to-day routine, convenience and the familiar is a mighty
force. People block out the inconvenient truths by a myriad of means. My
personal belief is that most will not understand what is being said until it
is impossible to ignore.

Perhaps the major media could sneak in the message via the evening news if
they thought it important. I'm not holding my breath. They are just like the
rest of us and subject to the same habitual world views.