livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Emergency Power

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Phil Bunch" <pbunch@cox.net>
  • To: "'E. E. Mitchamore Jr'" <emitch@att.net>, "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Emergency Power
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 07:39:11 -0800

This relates to more traditional emergency power. If anyone is going to be hooking up a generator to their house circuits don’t forget that the load goes back out onto the grid, through the transformer and is stepped up to probably +/-12,000 volts. This can give a lineman a dangerous shock if they assume the line is de-energized. This happened during the Southern California fire storms of October..