livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] State of garlic industry discussed at industry breakfast

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] State of garlic industry discussed at industry breakfast
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 06:55:53 -0800 (PST)

This site is looking for organic garlic producers:

http://www.gourmetgarlicgardens.com/fewgood.htm

There ARE plenty of agriculture opportunities out there, but the learning curve can be steep LOL.  Garlic is something that has always grown easily enough for me on a small scale at our other house, but haven't been here long enough to see how it's going to do and I'm still in soil prep mode.  I've planted just a little in the 2nd spot we had the duroc gilts in their little pig-tractor and plan to get more in the ground today in the 3rd spot and mulch them with wood chips.  I think I'll sprinkle the soil with a little bunny manure and lime before covering them with the wood chips this time.

Carrie

moved and somewhat blogging again

www.xanga.com/firstfarmerinstitute