livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] homemade water purifiers

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] homemade water purifiers
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:12:31 -0600

Here in Central Texas, the biggest aquifer, the Trinity Sands, is around 500' - 600' deep, so it's pretty clean.  However, wells are not cased all the way down, so a well can be contaminated by a shallower aquifer.  Local tests have shown that the limestone karsts can conduct pollutants into the shallower aquifers in three days.  From there into springs and wells.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz