livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Tax law: Are you eating those pumpkins?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <activism98201@verizon.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Tax law: Are you eating those pumpkins?
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 05:37:03 -0500 (CDT)

"Iowans planning to eat pumpkins can still get a tax exemption if they fill
out a form."

What in the heck are these people smoking?

I guess that I better not go home and throw jello on the walls! On second
thought, jello really isn't food is it?

Pretty soon we'll have to sign forms stating that ANY food substance that we
purchase (we won't be able to grow our own) won't be use for terrorist
activities! Never mind that corporate food IS terrorism!

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

=====================
From: TradingPostPaul <tradingpost@riseup.net>

time for a break .... !

Tax law: Are you eating those pumpkins?
Oct 30, 10:18 PM EDT
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PUMPKIN_TAX?SITE=TXSAE&SECTION=STRANG

E&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- The Iowa Department of Revenue is taxing
jack-o'-lanterns this Halloween. The new department policy was implemented
after officials decided that pumpkins are used primarily for Halloween
decorations, not food, and should be taxed, said Renee Mulvey, the
department's spokeswoman.

  • Re: [Livingontheland] Tax law: Are you eating those pumpkins?, activism98201, 11/01/2007