livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Book Recommendation

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Living on the Land" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Book Recommendation
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:11:34 -0500

As Winter reduces the amount of time we want to spend outdoors (if not the necessity), I want to recommend that everyone read Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.  You won't find much of the nuts & bolts (that's what this list is for).  You WILL find the words, emotions and philosophies that you need to explain to yourself and others WHY you do what you do, and these descriptions will help you to clarify the ways that are right for you.  It's a lot easier to get up and take action when the reasons are clear and strongly understood.

I never expected to find such a rich mixture of memories and opportunities.  Shows what a skilled writer can offer.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz