livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] great deal of material on no-till

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] great deal of material on no-till
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 23:39:45 -0600

Correct both counts. I recall NewFarm has carried pieces on the difficulty
of transplanting into mechanically killed vetch and on other techniques and
crops. My thought at the time was why try to adapt difficult no-till
techniques to large mechanized monoculture. Monoculture and mechanization
are part of the problem. Small scale, organic, no-till production is
practical and economically viable.