livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Question about compost...

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Mike or Cheryl Modjeski" <paperrain@semo.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Question about compost...
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 20:55:50 -0500

Thank you, everyone for your help. I have a friend that is wanting to try
pure compost and I have never tried it.
I have a lot to learn and I read this list, even though I do not post often.
I thank everyone for sharing your experience and research!
Just a note of introduction since it has been a very long time since I
posted on here.
My DH and I along with our 13 year old daughter have raised for the last
couple of years, seedlings and veggies to sell and some Day Lilies, Hostas
and a few Japanese Silver Grasses. We want to do some cuttings and raise a
few perennials. We are doing everything on a shoe string, so it is a
process, but it is something we love so we press on. We have done raised
beds before and I love them, but we have also moved several times so we do
not have them here. We have a hobby farm with goats, rabbits, chickens,
guineas, turkeys, horses, and of course cats and dogs... so we have a bit
of fertilizer. : ()

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Cheryl in MO.

Ignorance killed the cat, sir. Curiosity was framed.
~ C.J. Cherryh