livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The Coming of Deindustrial Society: A PracticalResponse

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: emitch@att.net, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The Coming of Deindustrial Society: A PracticalResponse
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:36:52 -0600

Agree completely, Mitch. Traditional societies had thousands of years to
develop communities by custom, ritual, taboos, and so forth. This modern
dysfunctional "culture" is so enlightened it's ditched most of the
connections that glue a society together. Successful local networks will
likely be few and far between, and may need some sort of mythical or
religious basis for hanging together. Maybe I'll become a Druid.