livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] WAPF Conference in November: Harvey to present all-day track

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] WAPF Conference in November: Harvey to present all-day track
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 21:34:41 -0600

You said
create integrated patterns in which the various
elements (soil building, dealing with competitor insects, poultry and
other livestock, manure management, season extension and winter
growing, etc.) come together in the same projects, supporting and
enabling each other in synergistic ways that mimic natural ecologies.

Couldn't agree more, Harvey. We have to combine best practices wherever we
are, whatever we're doing. Any less is too unrewarding.

Can't possibly go to VA of course, but would if I could. Will there be
transcripts or videos of any of it, esp your Integrated Homestead
presentation? We have a friend at our local growers market finding it hard
to make ends meet buying feed for his chickens no matter how many dozen
eggs he sells.