livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Fwd: NYTimes.com: The Farmer's Nightmare?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Ken Hargesheimer" <minifarms@gmail.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Fwd: NYTimes.com: The Farmer's Nightmare?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:48:33 -0500

The corporations are buying up land in developing countries to produce fuel.   The people will starve to supply America with ethanol.

Ken Hargesheimer

From: cemason@ilstu.edu <cemason@ilstu.edu>
Date: Aug 10, 2007 10:17 AM
Subject: NYTimes.com: The Farmer's Nightmare?
To: minifarms@gmail.com

The New York Times E-mail This
This page was sent to you by:  cemason@ilstu.edu

Message from sender:
Ken, this is true. We finally have got to the point as predicted by ag economists, agribusiness has taken over farming. Ed

OPINION   | August 10, 2007
Editorial:  The Farmer's Nightmare?
What we may be witnessing is the beginning of the tragic moment in which the ownership of America's farmland passes from the farmer to the industrial giants.

ยป  Go to Complete List

Copyright 2007   The New York Times Company | Privacy Policy

  • [Livingontheland] Fwd: NYTimes.com: The Farmer's Nightmare?, Ken Hargesheimer, 08/10/2007