livingontheland - [Livingontheland] organic label

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Laurie Ann Powell <laurie@powellclan.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] organic label
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:17:45 -0500

Gwen,
In our alternative growing community, we are using the term "chemical
free" "-wink-wink" to mean what used to be called "organic".

It isn't an exact equivalent, so our next question is usually "do you
use heirloom seed?", but it helps us begin communication at a slightly
more insider level.

There is no certification needed to say that, and people who throw
around the term "organic" loosely (i.e. "I only use Round-up... !?!?!)
can be weeded out ( or Rounded Up) by not knowing the difference.

Laurie Ann