livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Fwd: [Spinning] Felting / matting for garden mulch

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norma Sutton" <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Fwd: [Spinning] Felting / matting for garden mulch
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 00:07:01 -0400

Hi Claudia,
I use felted wool, not the way this was talking about, but felted none the less.  It does keep the ground moist even in the driest of summers.  The felted covers used on the yurts had the lanolin left in them.  They were made by wetting the wool down and dragging it.  We use soap to take the lanolin out so our felt is water permeable.
Norma