livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Irrigation

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Zachary Domikez <zdomike@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Irrigation
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 09:39:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
last year Paul asked me to support my statement that
Urine was antimicrobial (killing soil microbes) for
only three days.

I did not have the material at hand then, but hvae
since found it at
http://www.urbanwater.org/dyndefault.asp?P=2709.
. . . . which basically reports that urine is a fine
fertilizer, after a week in Norway's cold.

also - Carol Steinfeld, Cambridge, MA, conducts
workshops worldwide on wastewater recycling. Her book
Liquid Gold focuses on how urine can safely be used,
providing free and safe fertilizer.

There is more technicl info at
http://jeq.scijournals.org/cgi/content/full/32/4/1405?ck=nck
but logic dictates that urine is a valuable source of
Nitrogen.

Regards,
Zachary

Never miss an email again!