livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] changing to organic and/or no-till

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] changing to organic and/or no-till
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:15:25 -0700 (PDT)

Ken,

Can you give examples of organic no-till farming in arid or
semi-arid zones and explain how it is done?  In particular,
it would be useful to know which methods and what crops
are used to assure continued coverage during the dry season.

Dieter Brand
Portugal

Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com> wrote:
Paul,

Organic, no-till works but the reason more farmers or mini-farmers or gardeners do not change to it is in their head; not in the garden.  I guess that is harsh but it is true.  I have seen it here and in every country I have taught in.  When I am told about someone who did it and failed and I learn what happened, it is the gardener who failed; not the method.

Ken Hargeheimer

Building a website is a piece of cake.
Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online._______________________________________________