livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] changing to organic and/or no-till

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>, Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] changing to organic and/or no-till
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 09:27:43 -0700 (PDT)

Paul,

Organic, no-till works but the reason more farmers or mini-farmers or gardeners do not change to it is in their head; not in the garden.  I guess that is harsh but it is true.  I have seen it here and in every country I have taught in.  When I am told about someone who did it and failed and I learn what happened, it is the gardener who failed; not the method.

Ken Hargeheimer

Building a website is a piece of cake.