livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food from China

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food from China
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 10:24:03 -0700 (PDT)

From another listserve.  The TSA is worried about food terrorist!!!!
Ken Hargesheimer

Dear Chef Kurt,

Thanks for publicizing this, but the news is even worse than you may
think; the FDA has drastically widened the recall to include all
kinds of protein-based ingredients from China. Here's a link to a
post by PetConnection and Daily Kos blogger Christie Keith which
provides all the gory details the mainstream media's not bothering to
report. The ramifications for our food system are enormous:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/5/1/0317/13096

Huffington Post has put up several excellent posts on this topic by
David Goldstein, aka Goldy of horsesass.org:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-goldstein/melaminespiking-
widespr_b_47221.html

And, I put in my own 2 cents worth on Huffington Post, too:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kerry-trueman/chinas-hairrairsing-
con_b_47359.html

Please, help publicize this grossly underreported story!

thanks,

Kerry Trueman
eatingliberally.org

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

  • Re: [Livingontheland] Food from China, Ken Hargesheimer, 05/01/2007