livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Small Farmer

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Small Farmer
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:04:11 -0700 (PDT)

Last Sunday AM I was called to the living room by my wife.  She was watching TEXAS COUNTRY REPORTER.  This has been on in TX for years.  He travels around the state making shows of interesting people. She asked me if I wanted to see the dairy.  The story was about a dairy farm who vat pasteurizes their milk and makes all the various products and sells in the area. A flash showed him in the United Supermarket. We kept wondering where the dairy is located.  Shock! Crowell, TX.  A town of about a 1000 people in the middle of no where.  I grew up on a dairy farm in Quanah a few miles away.  There is a lesson in this for dairymen across America.

Ken Hargesheimer

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.