livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Back Care for Gardening

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Back Care for Gardening
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 09:25:57 -0500

I want to add one item to Gloria's back care comments.  It sounds a bit odd, but I guarantee it is effective:  When you are about to lift something, CONSIOUSLY tighten your abdominal muscles.  It creates a brace for your back muscles, and you will notice the positive effect.  Hopefully this can become an unconscious habit over time.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz