livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] three sisters planting and potatoes

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "D'Coda" <dcoda@ozarkseedexchange.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] three sisters planting and potatoes
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:08:57 -0600

Dianne, I was thrilled to read about your experiment growing potatoes and
corn together. I'm planning on doing the same thing this year. We can
compare notes. I hadn't heard of anyone else doing it, the soil my potatoes
are in is so rich, it just looked like corn paradise. My potatoes just got
knocked back, had grown to about 8 inches in leaf after two weeks of 80
degree days, then a plunge into the 20's for 3 days...damaged blueberries,
peaches, etc. Most of the middle to east of the country got this little
spring surprise.

D'Coda
Arkansas, zone 7a (not online, replies take 2-6 weeks)