livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 87, Issue 1

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Gloria Baikauskas <gcb49@flash.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 87, Issue 1
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 09:48:56 -0700 (PDT)

Tameson, this earthquake didn't wash the coral up on the shore.  It literally made the land under the water offshore a part of the island's surface.  So....the coral reefs and all that grew/lived around them became dry land so to speak.  I am wondering, if left to its own, that when it decomposed it might be some good soil in which to grow things considering plant and fish/animal life was there, too.

When man takes it into his mind to 'clean' up an area...it could mean all the good parts may be carried off instead.  I would imagine there would be an aroma from it all...so it may need covering with something to deal with that.

Gloria