livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food Not Lawns

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food Not Lawns
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:22:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hmm

Seems to me that the desire to have organic food and
non-corporate food security is part of this movement.
The "Fad" part might just make it easier to get this
stuff past the HOAs but I have taken a very dim view
of them. In my area the yard either has to be lawn or
has to be planted with decorative plants, the HOAs
will take your home away otherwise. I am not fond of
them to say the least, and struggle each year to get
more and more of my front yard planted in foods that
are not identifiable to them. Fruit/nut trees, and
herbs can be fairly easy, but the veggies are more
challenging. I can hardly wait to move to an IC or at
least a piece of country but I am resolved to learn
and do as much as I can in this one patch of ground.
After all, if I can make it in a HOA I can make it
anywhere.

Yours, Pego

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html