livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Temprature, humidity and gardening/was Waffle Gardens,

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Temprature, humidity and gardening/was Waffle Gardens,
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:10:35 -0700 (PDT)

Average Temperatures: January, 51.8° F; July, 83.6° F;
Our humidity averages 90% every morning and drops to
the mid sixties every afternoon, meaning, of course
that we lead the entire country in Mold reports. The
factor of dry air, though, tends to create cooling
ground tempratures, at least where that is a factor,
like AZ.

<<You're right. Diurnal temp swing is what determines
average. We have nothing like Arizona's (land of my
youth). Interesting results of a
quick search.

Our average air temps: June 73º, July 77º, Aug 75º
Phoenix air averages: June 87º, July 93º, Aug 91º

Then you look at insolation. We have average 80-90%
rh during that period, making our skies hazy, smaller
% of sunshine hitting the ground compared to Arizona.
Air temps plus sunshine determine (shallow) ground
temps.

None of which answers the question. You go to more
effort than I do or would. What are your average air
temps and rh? Tom (in central Virginia)>>

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

  • [Livingontheland] Temprature, humidity and gardening/was Waffle Gardens,, Pego Rice, 04/02/2007