livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food Not Lawns

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "linda" <lindai81@comcast.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food Not Lawns
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:56:43 -0800

Ah, yes, this I know about! H.C. Flores recently published a book called,
"Food Not Lawns: How to turn Your Yard into a Garden and Your Neighborhood
into a Community" with a forward by Toby Hemenway, another wonderful author.
Heather (that is for the H.) lives right here in the same town as I. Getting
people to turn their lawns into food production systems is a high priority.
I have her book, but haven't finished reading it. I have scanned it and
thought it good enough to buy. If I remember I will have a comment on it
when I am done.
linda
linda's organic gardens: http://photos.yahoo.com/womyn47