livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] okay, now i know it works (mini-biointensive)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>, Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] okay, now i know it works (mini-biointensive)
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:16:13 -0700 (PDT)

Mitch,

Across the USA that is not that rare.  A urban minifarmer in California last year produced 6,000 lbs of veggies on 1/10 of an acre.  http://pathtofreedom.com/  I believe with no-till beds one could do better than that.  100,000 lbs on one acre???

Ken

"E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net> wrote:
Struggling as I am, I'm very impressed with a "one-man operation" that can grow 170 varieties of 55 species, much less sell them.  No, make that "awe-struck".

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz