livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Asian greens?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Asian greens?
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 08:02:38 -0800 (PST)

Yes, I love these and pulled some seeds out, but haven't got them in the ground yet.  I did manage to get a few potatoes and parsley planted.  The garlic and walking onions are quite happy with our recent warmer temps and moisture and some sort of greens that I planted last fall and overwintered under polypro is taking off now.  It might be turnips or an asian green, just can't remember at this point and didn't go harvest any yet.

My son's favorite new crop is the fennel, he really enjoys the fennel seeds and the candy coated fennel from the Indian store.  I assured him that I had saved the seeds from last year and that most likely it will reseed itself anyway, so we'll be looking for those to come up soon.

maybe I can get something planted today,
Carrie

in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
to find your fit.